Rezoning Application - 2924 Venables Street
The City has received an application to rezone 2924 Venables Street from CD-1 (109) (Comprehensive Development) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) to allow for the development of two 6-storey residential buildings including:
- a total of 146 social housing units for seniors, families and people with disabilities;
- a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.06;
- a total floor area of 10,017 sq. m (107,822 sq. ft.)
- a maximum height of 21 m (68 ft.); and
- 36 underground parking stalls and 232 bicycle spaces.
The application is being considered under the Hastings-Sunrise Community Vision.
Due to COVID-19, in-person open houses have been paused. We are exploring various engagement approaches for rezonings, including enhanced project web pages, recorded presentations, and virtual open house events. In the meantime, please submit feedback by filling out a comment form online.
Application (March 30, 2020)
- Rezoning Rationale
- Project Statistics
- Current Context
- Context Plan
- Design Overview
- Floor and Roof Plans
- Atypical Unit Layout Plans
- Parking Plans
- Building Sections
- Building Elevations
- Shadow Study
- Landscape Plan
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House
- City of Vancouver Open House Boards
- Applicant Open House Boards
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: More information to follow
For more information and to submit comments, please contact the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Marcel Gelein , Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-829-9616
Applicant Contact: Warren Schmidt, Ryder Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.260.7400