Rezoning Application - 1780 East Broadway (Safeway Site)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1780 East Broadway from C-3A (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal consists of a mixed-use development with residential (including strata, rental and social housing units), retail, office, a childcare facility, and a new public plaza.
The proposal includes:
• commercial retail space at grade including a large format grocery store;
• three residential towers, ranging in height from 24 to 30 storeys above the retail plinth;
• a childcare facility;
• a public plaza running parallel to the SkyTrain station; and
• a total floor area of approximately 57,673 sq. m (620,784 sq. ft.).
This application is being considered under the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (June 12, 2019)
- Development Statistics
- Site Context
- Rezoning Rationale and Policy Context
- Design Principles and Considerations
- Organization of Functional Program
- Form and Massing
- Architectural Character
- Illustrative Elevations
- Green Building Design and Sustainable Large Developments
- Shadow Studies
- Site Plan
- Parking Plans
- Floor and Roof Plans
- Urban Design Objectives
- Landscape and Urban Design Strategies
- Landscape Plan
- Sustainable Design Strategy (includes additional professional reports)
- Grandview-Woodland Community Plan
- Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
- Broadway/Commercial C-3A (Commercial) District
For more information, please contact the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Rachel Harrison, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-873-7817
Applicant Contact: Ryan Bragg, Perkins and Will, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-484-1579