Rezoning Application - 1290 Hornby Street
The City has received an application to rezone 1290 Hornby Street from Downtown (DD) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) District to allow for a 35-storey mixed residential tower. The proposal includes:
- a building height of 106.16 m (348.3 ft.)
- a gross floor area of 16,165 sq. m (174,000 sq. ft.)
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 10.28
- 159 market residential units
- 978 sq. m (10,531 sq. ft.) of cultural amenity space on the ground, mezzanine and second levels to be owned by the City of Vancouver
- 6 levels of underground parking with a total of 105 parking spaces and 345 bike stalls
This rezoning application is being considered under the Downtown Potential Benefit Capacity Policy.
A community open house will be held from 5:00 - 7:30 pm on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at the Executive Hotel Vintage Park, Portofino Room (1379 Howe St.). The applicant team and City staff will be available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form.
- Letter of Intent
- Design Rationale
- Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Policy Context
- View & Shadow Study
- Amenity Space
- Site Plan
- Survey Plan
- Floor Plan
- Landscape Plan
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - March 14, 2019
- Urban Design Panel - April 3, 2019
- Downtown Official Development Plan
- Downtown South Goals and Policies
- Downtown Potential Benefit Capacity Policy
- View Protection Guidelines
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Helen Chan, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-829-9615
Applicant contact: Louise Webb, Merrick Architecture, email@example.com, 604-683-4131___