Rezoning Application - 949 West 41st Avenue & 5469-5507 Willow Street (Oakridge Transit Centre)
The City of Vancouver has received an application rezone 949 West 41st Avenue & 5469-5507 Willow Street (Oakridge Transit Centre) from RS-1 (One-Family Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal consists of 17 buildings between 3 and 23 storeys, a childcare facility, a public park, retail space, and social housing units. It includes:
- a maximum building height of 70.1 m. (230 ft.);
- 1,149 market residential units;
- 180 secured market rental units, including 45 Moderate Income Rental Units;
- 300 social housing units in two buildings;
- a childcare facility (8,500 sq. ft.);
- a new 2.34-acre public park and open space; and
- a total gross floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.30.
This application is being considered under the Oakridge Transit Centre and Adjacent Sites Policy Statement. The site is also subject to the Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments and Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings.
Two community open houses were held on Monday, November 18 from 5-8pm and Saturday, November 23 from 11am-3pm at the Vandusen Garden Visitor Centre (5151 Oak Street). City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (July 26, 2019)
- Application Intent and Rezoning Rationale
- Site Photos
- Site Plan and Project Statistics
- Context Plan
- Parcel Plans
- Elevations and Sections
- Shadow Studies
- Open Space and Public Realm (11 MB)
- Street Cross Sections
- Interpretive Strategy
- Housing Strategy
- Phasing Plan
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: November 18 and November 23, 2019
- Urban Design Panel: November 27, 2019
- Oakridge Transit Centre and Adjacent Sites Policy Statement
- RS-1 (One-Family Dwelling) District Schedule
- Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
For more information, please contact the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Zak Bennett, Planner, Major Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-829-9612
Applicant Contact: Sean Ruthen, James KM Cheng Architects, email@example.com, 604-873-4333