Rezoning Application - 878-898 West Broadway
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone the site at 878-898 West Broadway from C3-A (Commercial) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal consists of the construction of two high-rise hotel buildings (13 and 11 storey, respectively) including a mixed-use podium, to be comprised of:
- commercial use at grade;
- 438 hotel units (258 short-term and 180 long-term stay);
- a proposed floor space ratio (FSR) of 8.38;
- a building height of 43 m (142 ft.); and
- 485 underground car parking spaces, 35 bicycle spaces, and on-site loading.
This application is being considered under the Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan.
A community open house was held on July 23, 2018 from 5-7pm, in the Cypress Room of the Holiday Inn (711 West Broadway), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (May 9, 2018)
Entire Submission Booklet (20.5mb)
- Project Statistics (266kb)
- Site Context (2.1mb)
- Policy Context (1.9mb)
- Streetscape (266kb)
- Renderings (739kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (2.0mb)
- Building Height and Elevations (550kb)
- Building Sections (315kb)
- Shadow Study (242kb)
- Landscape Plans (864kb)
- Survey Plan (470kb)
- Design Rationale (11.5mb)
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: August 8, 2018
- Community Open House: July 23, 2018
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Sarah Crowley, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com
Applicant Contact: Arno Matis, Arno Matis Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org