Rezoning Application - 878-898 West Broadway
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone the site at 878-898 West Broadway from C3-A (Commercial) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal consists of the construction of two high-rise hotel buildings (13 and 11 storey, respectively) including a mixed-use podium, to be comprised of:
- commercial use at grade;
- 437 hotel units (272 short-term and 165 long-term stay);
- a proposed floor space ratio (FSR) of 8.96;
- a building height of 42.3 m (138.8 ft.); and
- 487 underground car parking spaces
This application is being considered under the Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan.
A community open house was held on July 23, 2018 from 5-7pm, in the Cypress Room of the Holiday Inn (711 West Broadway), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
This application was approved at Public Hearing on January 30, 2020.
Application (May 9, 2018)
Entire Submission Booklet (20.5 MB)
- Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Policy Context
- Floor and Roof Plans
- Building Height and Elevations
- Building Sections
- Shadow Study
- Landscape Plans
- Survey Plan
- Design Rationale (11.5mb)
- Sustainability Report
- Regular Council Meeting: December 10, 2019
- Public Hearing: January 23, 2020
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: August 8, 2018
- Community Open House: July 23, 2018
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Thien Phan, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-829-9225
Applicant Contact: Arno Matis, Arno Matis Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org