The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 835-837 East Hastings Street from M-1 (Industrial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 6-storey mixed-use development, including:
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 4.33
- a gross floor area of 2,456.8 sq. m (26,444.9 sq. ft.)
- 380.7 sq. m (4,097.6 sq. ft.) of commercial use on the ground floor
- 39 seniors social housing units at 2,076.1 sq. m (22,347.3 sq. ft.)
This application is being considered under the Downtown Eastside Area Plan.
A community open house was held on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 from 4:30-7 pm in the Activitiy Room of the Strathcona Community Centre (601 Keefer Street), with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved with amendments by Council at Public Hearing on November 5, 2019.
Application (July 10, 2018)
- Site Plan and Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Rezoning Intent and Design Rationale
- Floor and Roof Plans
- Shadow Studies
- Landscape Plan
- Building Grades and Site Survey
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
Community Open House: January 29, 2019
- Urban Design Panel: February 6, 2019
- Regular Council Meeting: October 1, 2019
- Public Hearing: November 5, 2019
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michelle Yip, Rezoning Planner, Michelle.Yip@vancouver.ca, 604-873-7727
Applicant Contact: Albert Huang, Terra Housing, email@example.com, 604-639-0738
To receive updates about the Downtown Eastside Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/dtes and provide your contact information in the box titled, “Get updates”.