Sign By-law Amendment Application - 798 Granville Street
Bonnis Properties (Robson) Inc., has applied to the City of Vancouver to amend the Sign By-law to permit two 9.2 m x 6.1 m electronic video signs located at 798 Granville Street on the south façade of the building facing Robson Street and the west façade of the building facing Granville Street:
- The proposed signs will replace two smaller existing electronic video signs located on the 3rd floor of the building;
- The proposed signs are to be located between the 2nd and 3rd floors; and would be equipped to automatically adjust sign brightness during evening hours;
- Sign content will primarily be advertising. Sign content will also designate 10% of air time for non-profit arts and cultural promotional campaigns, to showcase video art and for emergency announcements, all administered by the City of Vancouver.
A community open house was held from 5:00-7:30pm on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 872 Granville Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on December 6, 2017.
- Policy Report (2.15MB)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Applicant display boards (3,073 KB)
- City of Vancouver display boards (2,166 KB)
City Contact: Kristen Elkow, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-296-2960
Applicant Contact: Kerry Bonnis, Bonnis Properties (Robson) Inc., email@example.com, 604-738-4525