Rezoning Application - 720 Beatty Street
The City has received a rezoning application to rezone 720 Beatty Street from Downtown (DD) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) to permit the development of a 17-storey office tower that includes:
- a building height of 80.4 m (263.8 ft.)
- a total gross floor area of 57,307 sq. m (616,847 sq. ft.)
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 11.55
- a ground level commercial space
- an upgrade to the creative energy plant
- 4 levels of underground parking with 358 parking spaces and
325 bicycle spaces
This application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder.
A community open house was held from 5:00 - 7:30 pm on Monday, March 11, 2019 at the Vancouver Public Library Central Branch, Alice Mackay Room (350 W Georgia St). The applicant team and City staff was available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (December 21, 2018)
- Rezoning Rationale
- Design Rationale
- Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Shadow Study
- Survey & Site Plan
- Floor Plan
- Public Realm
- Landscape Plan
Note: 701 Expo Boulevard, directly south of the subject site is not included in the rezoning application for 720 Beatty Street. The intended design for 701 Expo Boulevard has been shown within this application for context as it pertains to the application. 701 Expo Boulevard currently zoned under the B.C Place/Expo District (BCPED) where a development permit application will be made for the intended retail uses following the rezoning.
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - March 11, 2019
- Urban Design Panel - April 17, 2019
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder
- Downtown Official Development Plan
- Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.