Rezoning Application - 619-685 West Hastings Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone the site at 619-685 West Hastings Street from DD (Downtown District) to a new CD-1 district to allow for a new 28-storey office building and retention of the heritage Royal Bank Tower.
The proposed 28-storey office building includes:
- a height of 110.46 m (362.4 ft.);
- a density of 25.5 FSR;
- a floor area of 14,756 m2 (158,837 sq. ft.); and
- five levels of underground parking with 54 vehicle parking spaces and 73 bicycle parking spaces.
The retained, 20-storey, 1929 Royal Bank Tower includes:
- heritage designation of the exterior façade;
- restoration of the exterior features; and
- seismic upgrade through structural connection to the new tower
This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder, the Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan and the Downtown (Except Downtown South) Design Guidelines.
A community open house took place on March 14, 2017 from 3-6 pm, at the Delta Hotel (550 West Hastings Street, Manhattan Room, 2nd floor), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
This application was approved by Council at Public Hearing on May 26, 2020.
- Regular Council Meeting: March 10, 2020
- Public Hearing: May 12, 2020 - WITHDRAWN
- Public Hearing: May 26, 2020
Application (October 27, 2016)
- Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Site Photos
- Design Rationale
- Model and Renderings
- Shadow Study
- Parking Plans
- Floor Plans
- Roof Plan
- Building Sections
- Building Elevations
- Conservation Plan
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - March 14, 2017
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder
- Downtown District (DD) Bylaw
- Downtown (except Downtown South) Design Guidelines
- Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michael Naylor, Senior Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-871-6269
Applicant Contact: Mark Thompson, Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-687-2990