Rezoning Application - 606 Powell Street
NSDA Architects has applied to the City of Vancouver to rezone 606 Powell Street. The proposed rezoning would change the zoning from DEOD (Downtown Eastside Oppenheimer) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The purpose of the requested rezoning is to develop the site with a 10-storey building with commercial space at-grade on Powell Street; Raincity Housing and Support Society office on the second floor; and 146 Social Housing units. The development statistics associated with this application are:
- Gross Floor Area: approx. 116,480 sq. ft.
- Total Dwelling Units: 146 units
- Floor Space Ratio (FSR): 5.05
- Building Height: approx. 35.3 m (115.8 ft.)
- Vehicle parking spaces: 33 spaces
- Loading spaces: 1 space
An Open House was held on January 28, 2010 at the Japanese Language School & Hall (487 Alexander Street) with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council following Public Hearing on June 22, June 24 and July 6, 2010 and By-law No. 10457 was enacted at a Regular Council Meeting on March 27, 2012.
- Project Statistics (623kb)
- Site Plan (353kb)
- Elevations (1.83mb)
- Street Elevations (671kb)
- Axonometrics Drawings (2.68mb)
- Landscape Plan (3.45mb)
- Council Report (1.97mb)
- Downtown-Eastside/Oppenhemier Official Development Plan (664kb)
- City-owned Social & Supportive Housing Sites - 606 Powell Street
- Supportive Housing in Vancouver