Rezoning Application - 587-599 West King Edward Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 587-599 West King Edward Avenue from RS-5 (One-family Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal includes:
- restoration and designation of the heritage house at 587 West King Edward Avenue;
- 20 three-storey townhouses including five lane-facing lock-off units;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 1.39; and
- 40 underground parking spaces.
This rezoning application is being considered under the Cambie Corridor Plan.
A community open house was held from 5:00-8:00pm on Thursday, February 27, 2014 at Chown Memorial Church at 3519 Cambie Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on June 3, 2014. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 11145, CD-1 (594), and By-law No. 11146, CD-1 (595) on December 16, 2014.
Application (January 8, 2014)
- Project Data (1.17mb)
- Context Images (4.87mb)
- Massing Diagrams (2.01mb)
- Shadow Study 3.18mb)
- Parking Plan (446kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (1.86mb)
- Building Elevations (1.89mb)
- Building Sections (477kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: May 13, 2014
- Public Hearing: June 3, 2014
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: March 12, 2014 - Evaluation: Support (6-0)
- Community Open House: February 27, 2014
- RS-5 (One-Family Dwelling) District Schedule (129kb)
- Cambie Corridor Planning Program
- Heritage Policies and Guidelines (56kb)