Rezoning and Development Permit Application -
5688 Ash Street (Oakridge Lutheran Church)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 5688 Ash Street (currently 585 West 41st Avenue) from RS-1 (One-Family Dwelling) District to a CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The current development on the site is a one-storey church. This is a concurrent rezoning and development permit application. The proposal is for a 6-storey mixed-use building that includes:
- 46 affordable housing units;
- 9,916 sq. ft. of church space;
- 8,737 sq. ft. of retail space;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.44;
- a building height of 18 m (59 ft.) from grade; and
- 73 vehicle parking spaces and 80 bicycle spaces.
The application is being considered under the Cambie Corridor Plan.
A community open house was held from 5-8pm on February 23, 2016 at the Oakridge Lutheran Church (585 W 41st Ave), with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on July 19, 2016. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 11801, CD-1 (665), on May 30, 2017.
Application (December 7, 2015)
- Project Statistics (2.10mb)
- Site Plan (285kb)
- Context Plan (2.01mb)
- Streetscapes (2.83mb)
- Parking & Floor Plans (1.88mb)
- Elevations (576kb)
- Sections (678kb)
- Shadow Studies (320kb)
- Perspectives (3.12mb)
- Notice of Public Hearing (84kb)
- Notice of Rezoning/Development Permit Application and Community Open House (319kb)
- Public Hearing: July 19, 2016
- Regular Council Meeting: June 28, 2016
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: March 9, 2016 - Evaluation: Support (5-0)
- Community Open House: February 23, 2015
- RS-1 District Schedule (37kb)
- Cambie Corridor Plan (19mb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezoning (198kb)
- Interim Rezoning Policy for Affordable Housing (800kb)
- Rental Incentive Guidelines (424kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Cynthia Lau, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.873.7604
Applicant Contact: Robin Petri, Catalyst Community Developments Society, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.312.5835