Rezoning Application - 555 Great Northern Way
The City of Vancouver has received an application to amend the existing CD-1 (402) (Comprehensive Development) District to add an additional 4.6 m (15 ft.) to the allowable building height to accommodate the relocation of Emily Carr University.
The proposal includes:
- increase in maximum building heights to 22.9 m (75 ft.) and 18.3 m (60 ft.) in two sub-areas of the Great Northern Way Campus.
A community open house was held from 5:00-8:00pm on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 in the lobby of the Centre for Digital Media (685 Great Northern Way), with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on July 8, 2014, with the following amendment:
D. THAT the CD-1 (402) Great Northern Way Design Guidelines outlined in Appendix B of the Policy Report dated May 17, 2014, entitled "CD-1 Text Amendment: 555 Great Northern Way" be amended as follows:
Under 5.7, add:
c) Design development of cellular antennae and related infrastructure to be sensitively located, out of view, or behind screening.
By-law No. 11022 was enacted at a Regular Council Meeting on July 22, 2014.
Application (March 28, 2014)
Notification and Community Meetings
- Notification of Rezoning Application and Community Open House
- Community Open House - Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
- Notice of Public Hearing (41kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: June 10, 2014
- Public Hearing: July 8, 2014
- CD-1 (402) By-law (1.93mb)
- Emily Carr Redevelopment Project
- Great Northern Way Structure Plan
- Great Northern Way Structure Plan Council Report and CD-1 Guidelines
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Graham Winterbottom, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.829.4217
Applicant Contact: Elena Tikovt, Great Northern Way Trust, email@example.com, 778.370.1003