Rezoning Application - 445 Kingsway and 2935 St. George Street
The City has received an application from Acton Ostry Architects to rezone 445 Kingsway and 2935 St. George Street from C-2 (Commercial District) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) to allow for the development of a 14-storey mixed-use building including:
- a total of 215 secured rental units (with 20% of the residential floor area assigned to moderate income households);
- commercial uses at grade;
- a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.96 (including 4.84 FSR above grade and 2.12 FSR below grade);
- a total floor area of 30,117 sq. m (324,176 sq. ft.) (including underground vehicle storage);
- a maximum height of 48.88 m (160.37 ft.); and
- 224 underground parking stalls and 443 bike spaces.
The application is being considered under the Moderate Income Rental Housing Pilot Program.
A community open house was held on Thursday September 19, 2019, 5-8 pm at Glad Tidings Church (3456 Fraser Street), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
At the March 10, 2020 Regular Council Meeting, Council referred this application to Public Hearing.
*This application has been previously approved by Council at Public Hearing on July 12, 2016 but has not yet been enacted. Please view on the Rezoning Applications Archives page.
Application (July 23, 2019)
- Development Statistics
- Rezoning and Design Rationale
- Site Context
- Site Plan
- Views and Renderings
- Floor Plan
- Typical Unit Layout Plan
- Roof Plans
- Building Sections
- Building Elevations
- Building Setback Diagram
- Shadow Studies
- Parking Plan
- Landscape Plan
- Social and Environmental Sustainability
- Pre-Application Open House Summary
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House
- Applicant Open House Boards
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Urban Design Panel (UDP): Wednesday, October 2, 2019
For more information and to submit comments, please contact the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Derek Robinson, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604 873 7486
Applicant Contact: Mark Ostry, Acton Ostry Architects, email@example.com, 604 739 3344