Rezoning Application - 431-455 West King Edward Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 431-455 West King Edward Avenue from RS-1 (One-Family Dwelling) District to a CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 4-storey residential building and 2-storey townhouses at the lane that includes:
42 secured market rental units;
a building height of 14.6 m (48 ft.)* from grade;
a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.01; and
54 vehicle parking spaces and 63 bicycle spaces.
The application is being considered under the Cambie Corridor Plan.
*Please note: the rezoning application indicated a height of 13.7 m (45 ft.) and a density of 1.98 FSR. However, the technical review determined that the proposed height is actually 14.6 m (48 ft.) and the proposed density is 2.01 FSR.
A community open house was held from 5 to 8 pm on Monday, September 19, 2016 at Phoenix Gymnastics, 4588 Clancy Loranger Way, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on February 20, 2018. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 12629, CD-1 (739), on January 21, 2020.
Application (July 14, 2016)
- Context Plan (1.78mb)
- Project Statistics (39.2kb)
- Site Plan (764kb)
- Parking Plans (714kb)
- Floor & Roof Plans (2.24mb)
- Sections (623kb)
- Elevations (2.9mb)
- Shadow Studies (285kb)
- Rendered Perspectives (2.36mb)
- Landscape Plans (6.28mb)
- Regular Council meeting: January 30, 2018
- Public Hearing: February 20, 2018
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: September 21, 2016 - Evaluation: Non-Support (0-7)
- Community Open House: Monday, September 19, 2016
- RS-1 District Schedule (37kb)
- Cambie Corridor Planning Program
- Riley Park/South Cambie Community Vision (2.07mb)
- Secured Market Rental Housing Policy (260kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Zak Bennett, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.871.6121
Applicant Contact: Brent Hanson, South Street Developments, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.714.0573