Rezoning Application - 3070 Kingsway
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone the subject site from C-2 (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 6-storey mixed-use building with a 3-storey townhouse development at the lane, consisting of:
- Commercial use at grade;
- 40 secured market rental residential units;
- A floor area of 3,293 sq. m (35,447 sq. ft.);
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.48*;
- A maximum building height of 21.5 m (70.48 ft.) from grade*; and
- 24 parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Secured Market Rental Housing (Rental 100) Policy.
*Please note: the rezoning application indicated a density of 3.27 FSR and a height of 18.3 m (60 ft.). However, the technical review determined that the proposed density is 3.48 FSR. Also following modifications for sustainability considerations and retail viability, the technical review determined the proposed height is actually 21.5 m (70.48 ft.).
A community open house was held on February 5, 2018 from 5-7pm at the Synala Co-op Common Room, 3090 Kingsway, with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on July 31, 2018.
Application (November 10, 2017)
- Project Statistics (1.2mb)
- Site Context (9mb)
- 3D Renders (825kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (3mb)
- Landscape Plan (306kb)
- Streetscape Elevations (634kb)
- Elevations (2.6mb)
- Building Sections (2.6mb)
- Shadow Studies (761kb)
- Parking (454kb)
- Traffic and Parking Review (5.8mb)
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: February 21, 2018 - No quorum
- Urban Design Panel: March 21, 2018 - Support with Recommendations
- Community Open House: February 5, 2018
- City of Vancouver Display Boards (3.7mb)
- Regular Council Meeting: July 10, 2018
- Public Hearing: July 31, 2018
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Simon Jay, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-829-2004
Applicant Contact: Tamara Rowland, Conwest, firstname.lastname@example.org