Rezoning Application - 2538 Birch Street (formerly 1296 West Broadway)
The City has received an application from IBI Group Architects to rezone 2538 Birch Street (formerly 1296 West Broadway) from CD-1 (708) (Comprehensive Development) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) to allow for the development of a 28-storey mixed-use building including:
- a total of 248 secured rental units (53 units are designated as MIRHPP units);
- commercial uses at grade;
- a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 10.52;
- a total floor area of 18,335 sq. m (197,359 sq. ft.);
- a maximum height of 84.25 m (276.40 ft.); and
- 187 underground parking stalls and 438 bike spaces.
The application is being considered under the Moderate Income Rental Housing Pilot Program.
A community open house was held on June 27, 2019, 5-8 pm at the Holiday Inn Hotel (711 West Broadway), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (May 17, 2019)
- Project Statistics
- Design and Rezoning Rationale
- Site Context
- Site Plan
- Rendering Key Plan
- Views and Renderings
- Massing Rationale
- Floor Plans
- Floor Space Ratio (FSR) Overlays
- Roof Plans
- Building Sections
- Building Elevations
- Shadow Studies
- Parking Statistics and Plans
- Landscape Plans
- Sustainability Plans
- Transportation Study
- Water Demands Calculations
- Integrated Rainwater Management Plan
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House
- Applicant Open House Boards
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: June 27, 2019
- Urban Design Panel (UDP): July 10, 2019
For more information and to submit comments, please contact the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Sarah Crowley, Rezoning Planner, 2538Birch@vancouver.ca
Applicant Contact: Tony Wai, IBI Group, firstname.lastname@example.org