Rezoning Application - 225 Smithe Street
The City of Vancouver received an application to rezone 225 Smithe Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 26-storey mixed-use building that includes:
- four levels of commercial space;
- a maximum building height of 87.4 m (286.8 ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 11.85;
- 114 residential units; and
- 178 underground parking spaces
This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder.
A community open house was held on Monday, June 15, 2015, at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Belcarra Room (3rd Floor, 111 Robson Street) with the applicant team and City staff available to answer any questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on January 19, 2016. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 11726, CD-1 (653), on January 24, 2017.
Application (May 5, 2015)
- Project Statistics (330kb)
- Site Plan (128kb)
- Context Plan (105kb)
- Context Photos (575kb)
- Parking Plans (1.60mb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (4.45mb)
- Building Elevations (948mb)
- Building Sections (776kb)
- Perspective (156kb)
- Shadow Studies (767kb)
- Landscape Plans (22.32mb)
- Regular Council Meeting: December 15, 2015
- Public Hearing: January 19, 2016
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: July 29, 2015 - Evaluation: Support (6-0)
- Community Open House: June 15, 2015
- Downtown Official Development Plan (2.09mb)
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder (291kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Linda Gillan, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.673.8281
Applicant Contact: Andrew Emmerson, GBL Architects, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.736.1156