Rezoning Application - 2133 Nanton Avenue (Arbutus Centre)
The City Vancouver has received a rezoning application for 2133 Nanton Avenue (the Arbutus Centre) to amend the existing CD-1 (642) (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal would increase the residential floor area, including an increase in the number of market and social housing units. The specific amendments include:
- An increase in the maximum allowable floor space for all uses from 67,065 sq. m (721,881 sq. ft) to 77,611 sq. m (835,400 sq. ft.). The additional floor space is to be accommodated on Blocks C and D (the western portion of the site).
- An increase to the maximum building height on Block C from 57 m (187 ft.) to 60 m (197 ft.) and the maximum building height on Block D from 57 m (187 ft.) to 72 m (236 ft.).
The rezoning application proposes no change to the amount of office and commercial space, and includes an expanded Neighbourhood House.
A community open house was held from 5:00 - 8:00 PM on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at the Hellenic Centre, 4500 Arbutus Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
At the June 19, 2018 Regular Council Meeting, Council referred this application to the July 18, 2018 Public Hearing.
PUBLIC HEARING SCHEDULED:
Anyone who considers themselves affected by the proposed by-law amendments may speak at the Public Hearing. Please register individually beginning at 8:30 am on July 6 until 5 pm on the day of the Public Hearing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-829-4238. You may also register in person at the door between 5:30 and 6 pm on the day of the Public Hearing. You may submit your comments by email to email@example.com, or by mail to: City of Vancouver, City Clerk’s Office, 453 West 12th Avenue, Third Floor, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4. All submitted comments will be distributed to Council and posted on the City's website. Please visit vancouver.ca/publichearings for important details.
Copies of the draft by-laws will be available for viewing starting July 6 at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue, Third Floor, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. All meetings of Council are webcast live at vancouver.ca/councilvideo, and minutes of Public Hearings are available at vancouver.ca/councilmeetings (posted approximately two business days after a meeting). For real time information on the progress of City Council meetings, visit vancouver.ca/speaker-wait-times or @VanCityClerk on Twitter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PUBLIC HEARINGS, INCLUDING REGISTERING TO SPEAK:
Application (December 22, 2017)
- Intent (1.3mb)
- Proposed By-law Amendments (485kb)
- Project History (1.1mb)
- Rezoning Rationale (1.6mb)
- Housing Rationale (697kb)
- Public Consultation (364kb)
- Design Rationale (570kb)
- View Analysis (3.7mb)
- Shadow Studies (606kb)
- Comparative Analysis (64kb)
- Site Plan (1mb)
- Site Plan - Setbacks (621kb)
- Site Coverage (76kb)
- Sections (1.3mb)
- Elevations (870kb)
- Perspectives (1.3mb)
- Context Plan (1.2mb)
- Design Drawings (813kb)
- Project Statistics (66kb)
- Sustainability (348kb)
- Arborist Report (2.9mb)
- Transportation Report (210kb)
- Notice of Rezoning and Open House (February 13, 2018) (56kb)
- Notice of Public Hearing (July 18, 2018) (56kb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Regular Council Meeting: June 19, 2018
- Public Hearing: July 18, 2018
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: John Chapman, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.873.7458
Applicant Contact: Wendy LeBreton, Larco Investments, email@example.com, 604-925-8275