Rezoning Application - 1940 Main Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1940 Main Street from IC-2 (Industrial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal consists of a six-storey mixed-use building, including:
- 49 strata residential units;
- a 37-space childcare facility;
- commercial uses at and below grade;
- a total floor area of 5,987 sq. m (64,444 sq. ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.0 (additional 0.7 below grade);
- a building height of 21.8 m (72 ft.); and
- 112 underground parking spaces and 77 bicycle spaces.
This rezoning application is being considered under the Mount Pleasant Community Plan and Implementation Strategy.
A community open house was held on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 from 5-7:30 pm at The Beaumont Studios, 316 West 5th Avenue, with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (December 20, 2018)
- Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Site Plan
- Floor and Roof Plans
- Parking Plans
- Shadow Studies
- View Cones
- Landscape Plan
- Sustainability Plan
- Childcare Plan
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: March 12, 2019
- IC-2 District Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Community Plan
- Mount Pleasant Community Plan Implementation Strategy
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner,
City Contact: Mateja Seaton, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-829-4217
Applicant Contact: Tom Bunting, Formosis Architecture Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-688-7582