Rezoning Application - 1805 Larch Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone the subject site from RT-8 (Two-Family Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, to permit the development of a five-storey rental residential building. The proposal includes:
- 63 secured rental units with a minimum of 20% of the residential floor area permanently secured for moderate income households;
- a proposed floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.55*;
- a building height of 20 m (66 ft.)*; and
- 56 underground parking spaces and 113 bicycle spaces.
*Please note the rezoning application indicates a density of 2.55 FSR, however after technical review, the proposed density is actually 2.57 FSR. A recommendation to reduce the density to 2.53 FSR is included in the Council Report. Similarly, the application indicates a height of 20 m, however after technical review, the proposed height is actually 20.5 m. A recommendation to reduce the height is included in the Council Report.
A community open house was held on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 from 5-8 pm at Kitsilano Neighbourhood House (Community Hall), 2305 West 7th Avenue, with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
At the November 5, 2019 Regular Council meeting, Council referred this application to Public Hearing on December 12, 2019. The Public Hearing reconvened on December 17 and 18, and at the December 18, 2019 Public Hearing, Council approved this application.
The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 12746,
CD-1 (748), on July 21, 2020.
Application (January 24, 2019)
- Rezoning and Design Rationale (1.1 mb)
- Project Statistics (85 kb)
- Site Context (8.2 mb)
- Site Plan (2.5 mb)
- Parking and Floor Plans (1.5 mb)
- Building Elevations (4.4 mb)
- Building Sections (4.2 mb)
- Shadow Studies (2.1 mb)
- Landscape Plan (5.2 mb)
- Rendering (9.2 mb)
- Transportation Study (818 kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: November 5, 2019
- Public Hearing: December 12, 2019
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House
- Notice of Public Hearing
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Robert White, Rezoning Planner
Applicant Contact: Scott Mitchell & Sheridan MacRae, Metric Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org