Rezoning Application - 1649 East Broadway (CD-1 Amendment)
CD-1 Amendment (March 9, 2020)
The City of Vancouver has received a rezoning application to amend the CD-1 (715) (Comprehensive Development) District at 1649 East Broadway (formerly 1619-1651 East Broadway). The proposed amendment would allow for two additional storeys to accommodate a 12-storey rental building with commercial retail space at grade and includes:
- 114 residential units including 91 market rental units and 23 below-market rental units;
- A floor area of 7,301.6 sq. m (78,594 sq. ft.);
- A building height of 36.45 m (119.55 ft.);
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 5.0; and
- 70 underground parking spaces and 217 bicycle spaces.
This application is being considered under the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan and the Below-Market Rental Housing Policy for Rezonings.
Please note: The site is currently approved for a 10-storey mixed-used development with commercial use at-grade and 85 residential units above, comprised of a mixed tenure of secured market rental and strata-titled housing. The original rezoning application submitted in 2017 was approved by Council at Public Hearing on May 22, 2018 and enacted on October 30, 2018. The proposed amendment to CD-1 (715) would add two additional floors and a change to the residential tenure to be 100% rental (with 20% below market rental).
- Rezoning & Design Rationale
- Site Context
- Site Plan
- Project Statistics
- Shadow and View Studies
- Sustainaiblity Analysis
- Floor Plan
- Building Elevations & Sections
- Landscape Plan
Should you have any questions or comments related to this proposed CD-1 amendment please submit feedback by filling out a online comment form by June 10th, 2020 or by contacting Kent MacDougall, Rezoning Planner at email@example.com, 604-829-9579.
Rezoning Application (May 4, 2017)
In 2017, IBI Group submitted an application to rezone 1619-1651 East Broadway from RM-4N (Multiple Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, to permit the development of a 10-storey mixed-use building. The proposal included:
- Commercial at grade;
- 93 total residential units (47 secured market rental units and 46 market strata units);
- A floor area of 5,849 m2 (62,959 sq. ft.);
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 4.0;
- A height of approximately 32.2 m (105.8 ft.);
- 75 underground parking spaces; and
- 117 bicycle parking spaces.
The application to rezone from RM-4N to CD-1 was approved by Council at Public Hearing on May 22, 2018. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 12299, CD-1 (715), on October 30, 2018.
- Project Statistics
- Site Context
- Shadow Studies
- Site Plans
- Landscape Plans
- Building Elevations
- Building Sections
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: September 7, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: September 20, 2017 - Evaluation: Support with Recommendations
Council Meeting for Rezoning Application
The following Council Report documents apply to the rezoning application that was approved on May 22, 2018.
- Regular Council Meeting: May 1, 2018
- Public Hearing: May 22, 2018
- RM-4 and RM-4N District Schedule
- Grandview-Woodland Community Plan
- Below-Market Rental Housing Policy for Rezonings
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Kent MacDougall, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-829-9579
Applicant Contact: Martin Bruckner, IBI Group Architects, email@example.com, 604-683-8797