Rezoning Application - 1595 West 2nd Avenue (False Creek Area Development Plan for Area 10B)
The General Manager of Planning, Urban Design and Sustainability has made an application to amend the False Creek Area Development Plan for Area 10B (Area Development Plan) in order to create a new Development Area for the site located at 1595 West 2nd Avenue. The amendments would allow for the future development of a six-storey affordable rental residential building with local-serving commercial uses on the ground floor.
The proposed Area Development Plan amendments are the final step in planning for the Option Lands, which began in 2018. Establishing the development potential of the site is being done to fulfil an obligation of the City of Vancouver set out in the Arbutus Railway Line Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City and Canadian Pacific Railway Company.
A community open house was held on November 19, 2019, 5:00-8:00 pm at the False Creek Community Centre (1318 Cartwright Street). City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at the Council meeting following the Standing Committee on City Finance and Services on July 8, 2020, following Public Hearing on July 7, 2020.
- Regular Council Meeting: April 28, 2020
- Public Hearing: July 7, 2020
- Council meeting following the Standing Committee on City Finance and Services: July 8, 2020
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House
- Notice of Public Hearing
- False Creek Official Development Plan
- False Creek South Provisional Vision Statement & Guiding Planning Principles
- Housing Vancouver Strategy
- Arbutus Railway Line Purchase Agreement
For more information and to submit comments, please contact the Planner.
City Contact: Scott Bell, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-871-6302