Rezoning Text Amendment - 1523 Davie Street (Gabriola Mansion)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to amend the text of CD-1 (248) (Comprehensive Development) District for 1523 Davie Street (Gabriola Mansion). The proposal includes:
- the preservation and restoration of significant heritage elements of the Gabriola Mansion;
- the conversion of the mansion into 16 market rental units;
- four new infill market rental townhouses to be developed in the northeast corner of the property;
- an increase in floor space ratio (FSR) from 0.35 to 0.89; and
- no increase in height from the existing CD-1 (248).
A community open house was held from 5:00-8:00pm on Thursday, June 8, 2017 at Best Western Plus Sands (1755 Davie Street) with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Regular Council Meeting on November 28, 2017. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 12747, on July 21, 2020.
Application (March 1, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (43kb)
- Design Rationale (1.30mb)
- Site Context (15.55mb)
- Project Statistics (4.25mb)
- Existing Site Plan (37.89mb)
- Existing Site Plan – Demolition and Retention (37.78mb)
- Site Plans (37.28mb)
- Floor Plans (31.37mb)
- Elevations (24.98mb)
- Sections (4.33mb)
- Shadow Study (14.27mb)
- Renderings (7.44mb)
- Area Overlays (14.28mb)
- Landscape Plan (92.66mb)
- Regular Council Meeting: October 17, 2017
- Public Hearing: November 14, 2017
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - June 8, 2017
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Catherine Neill, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-873-7053
Applicant contact: Rachel Mason, Ankenman Marchand Architects, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-328-7422
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.