The City has received an application to rezone 1220-1298 East Hastings Street from Industrial (M-1) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) to permit the development of three buildings (two market strata buildings at 120 ft. height, and one social housing building at 80 ft. height). The proposal includes:
- a total gross floor area of 17,302 sq. m (186,241 sq. ft.)
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.0
- building height of 120 ft.
- ground level commercial space below three buildings:
- two 12-storey buildings with strata-titled housing
- one 8-storey building containing social housing
- 55 units of social housing and 152 units of strata-titled housing for a total of 207 units of housing
- 3 levels of underground parking with 229 vehicle parking spaces and 481 bicycle parking spaces
This application is being considered under the Downtown Eastside Area Plan and the Rezoning Policy for the Downtown Eastside.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
This application is accompanied by a concurrent rezoning application for 560 Raymur Avenue. While these are separate rezoning applications, the DTES Plan requires that rezonings for these sites deliver a minimum of 20% of all housing units to be social housing. As such, these two separate applications are proposing to consolidate their 20% social housing requirement to be delivered within one building at 1200-1298 East Hastings Street. As such, these two applications are tied and will be processed together with the same open house and UDP date.
A community open house was held on June 24, 2019 from 4:30 - 7:00 pm at the Strathcona Public Library (730 East Hastings St.) in the Wo Soon Mary Lee Chan Room. City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
- Site Context
- Policy Context
- Rezoning Rationale
- Design Rationale
- Project Statistics
- Shadow Analysis
- Context Plan
- Survey Plan
- Floor Plan
- Elevations & Cross-sections
- Landscape Plan
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
Community Open House - June 24, 2019
- Urban Design Panel - August 7, 2019
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michelle Yip, Rezoning Planner, Michelle.Yip@vancouver.ca, 604-873-7727
Applicant Contact: Rodney Rao, Onni Group, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-629-7513
To receive updates about the Downtown Eastside Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/dtes and provide your contact information in the box titled, “Get updates”.