Rezoning Application - 1166 W Pender Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1166 West Pender Street from Downtown (DD) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) District to allow for a 32-storey office building with commercial retail at grade.
Since the application was originally submitted on October 2, 2018, there have been changes to allow for one additional storey of office space within the project. A revised application was received on February 2, 2018 that included changes to height, floor area, and density from the original submission. The revised proposal now includes:
- a building height of 131.6 m (431.7 ft.);
- a total floor area of 33,523 sq. m (360,848 sq. ft.)
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 19.37;
- ground floor commercial retail space;
- thirty levels of office space and one level of amenity space above; and
- six levels of underground parking with 199 vehicle parking spaces, 12 loading bays, and 202 Class A bicycle parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder.
A community open house was held on January 22, 2019 from 4:30-7pm in the Garibaldi Room of the Hotel Blue Horizon, 1225 Robson Street. City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form.
Revised Application (February 2, 2019)
Original Application (October 2, 2018)
- Site Context
- Design and Sustainability
- Landscape Design
- Context and Site Plans
- Project Statistics
- Floor Plans
- Parking Plans
- Elevations and Sections
- Sustainability Report
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: January 22, 2019 - City of Vancouver Open House Boards
- Urban Design Panel: February 6, 2019
- Downtown Official Development Plan
- Downtown (except Downtown South) Design Guidelines
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder
- Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Thien Phan, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-829-9225
Applicant contact: Gwyn Vose, IBI Group, 604-683-8797