The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1102-1138 E Georgia street from I-2 (Industrial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 4-storey mixed-use development, including:
- 37 residential units (20% are social housing);
- a total floor area of 5,878 sq. m (63,279 sq. ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.50; and
- Commercial retail space on the ground floor.
This application is being considered under the Downtown Eastside Community Plan.
A community open house was held on October 22, 2018 from 5-7:30 pm at Admiral Seymour Elementary School Gymnasium at 1130 Keefer Street, with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
This application was approved at Public Hearing on December 10, 2019.
Application (August 14, 2018)
- Site Context and Streetscape (5.4 MB)
- Project Statistics
- Rezoning Intent and Design Rationale
- Floor and Roof Plans
- Urban Design Response and Renderings
- Transportation Study
- Sustainability Measures
- Sustainability Design Strategy
- Shadow Studies
- Courtyard Shadow Study (5.5mb)
- Landscape Plan
- Building Grades and Site Survey
- Regular Council Meeting: November 5, 2019
- Public Hearing: December 10, 2019
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: October 22, 2018
- City of Vancouver Display Boards (10 MB)
- Urban Design Panel: November 14, 2018
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michelle Yip, Rezoning Planner
Applicant Contact: Ron Baerg, Ekistics Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-876-5050
To receive updates about the Downtown Eastside Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/dtes and provide your contact information in the box titled, “Get updates”.