Rezoning Application - 1077 Great Northern Way (MEC Head Office)
Proscenium Architecture has applied to rezone 1077 Great Northern Way from I-3 (Industrial) District and 2099 Glen Drive from I-2 (Industrial) District both to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, to allow development of a new five-storey headquarters building for Mountain Equipment Co-op. The rezoning would remove restrictions on the amount of office space allowed. The density and uses would otherwise be consistent with existing zoning.
The existing zoning allows a 3.0 floor space ratio (FSR). The proposal would see a three-phased development with 1.1 FSR proposed in phase one, 0.3 FSR in phase two, and an additional 0.4 FSR in phase three, for a total of 1.8 FSR. All of the floor space is proposed for office use.
The maximum building height under the existing zoning is 18.3 m (outright) and 30.5 m (conditional). The total height of the proposed building would be 30.5 m, a reduction of 1.4 m from the original application.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on January 30, 2012 and By-law No. 10653 was enacted at a Regular Council Meeting on February 26, 2013.
Application (June 30, 2011)
- Context Plan (1.7mb)
- Landscape Plans (1.1mb)
- Phase 1 Site Plan (665kb)
- Phase 1 Building Form Drawings (1.5mb)
- Phase 1 View Study (1.8mb)
- Phase 2 Site Plan (685kb)
- Phase 2 Building Form Drawings (1.8mb)
- Phase 2 View Study (1.8mb)
- Phase 3 Site Plan (810kb)
- Phase 3 Building Form Drawings (1.8mb)
- Phase 3 View Study is the same as Phase 2 (no additional building height on Great Northen Way)
- Notice of Rezoning Application (42kb)
- Invitation to a Community Open House (58kb)
- Notice of Public Hearing (48kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: December 13, 2011
- Public Hearing:
January 30, 2012
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: September 21, 2011 - Evaluation: Support (9-0)
- Community Open House: November 3, 2011
- I-3 District Schedule (120kb)
- False Creek Flats Rezoning Policy (120kb)
- I-3 District Guidelines - False Creek Flats (120kb)