Rezoning Application - 1059-1075 Nelson Street
The City has received an application to rezone 1059-1075 Nelson Street from Residential (RM-5B) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) in order to permit the development of a 60-storey Passive House residential building. The proposal includes:
- a building height of 555.5 ft. (585.5 ft. to the top of appurtenance)
- a net floor area of 40,096.43 sq. m (431,594.39 sq. ft.)
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 24.94
- a total of 485 residential units that include:
- 113 social housing units
- 49 market rental units
- 323 market condo units
- 8 levels of underground parking with 299 vehicle parking spaces and 1000 Class A bicycle parking spaces and 26 Class B bicycle spaces
This application is being considered under the West End Community Plan, Rezoning Policy for the West End, and the General Policy for Higher Buildings.
A community open house was held on May 28, 2019 from 5:00 - 7:30 pm at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver (845 Burrard St) in the Salon Pommard Room. City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
- Site Context
- Policy Context
- Design Rationale
- Project Statistics
- Views & Skyline
- Shadow Analysis
- Public Space
- Amenity Space
- Facade Design
- Sustainability Rationale
- Cross-section & Elevations
- Context & Site Plan
- Survey Plan
- Floor Plate
- Floor Plan
- Landscape Plan
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House - May 28, 2019
- Urban Design Panel - June 12, 2019
- Downtown Official Development Plan
- West End Community Plan (2013)
- Rezoning Policy for the West End (2013)
- General Policy for Higher Buildings
- Green Building Policy for Rezonings
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.