Rezoning Application - 1065 Harwood Street and 1332 Thurlow Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1065 Harwood Street and 1332 Thurlow Street from RM-5A (Multiple Dwelling) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) under the West End Community Plan. The proposal is for a 33-storey residential building including:
- 59 market residential units on floors 18-33;
- 98 social housing units on floors 2-18;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 10.46;
- five levels of underground parking with 157 vehicle parking stalls and 197 bicycle parking spaces; and
- a building height of 91.4 m (300 ft.).
The proposed building is the tower on the left as shown above. The social housing units required by the West End Community Plan for the South Site at 1066 and 1078 Harwood Street are proposed to be provided on this North Site.
A community open house was held on October 16, 2017 from 5-8 pm, at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Columbia Room (1110 Howe Street), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions. This open house was held jointly with the open house for the rezoning application for 1066-1078 Harwood Street.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (August 18, 2017)
- Site Statistics
- Site Context
- Zoning Context
- Project Statistics and Description
- Design Rationale
- Social Housing
- Materiality and Character
- View Analysis
- Shadow Studies
- Parking, Loading and Storage
- Parking Floor Plans
- Building Floor Plans
- Building Sections and Elevations
- Landscape Plan
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - October 16, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: November 1 , 2017 - Evaluation: Support with recommendations
- West End Community Plan (2013)
- Rezoning Policy for the West End (2013)
- RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D District Schedule
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D Guidelines
- View Protection Guidelines
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
- Family Room Housing Mix Policy
- High Density Housing for Families with Children Guidelines
- Tenant Relocation and Protection Policy
- Housing Design and Technical Guidelines
To view additional studies and plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Thien Phan, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-829-9225
Applicant Contact: Shawn Lapointe, Henriques Partners Architects, email@example.com, 604-687-5681 ext 230
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.