Rezoning Application - 1041 Southwest Marine Drive (Coast Hotel)
Robert Turecki Architect has applied to the City of Vancouver to expand the existing CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District for the Coast Hotel at 1041 SW Marine Drive by rezoning an adjacent MC-1 (Light Industrial) site. The proposal is to build a 6-storey addition including a redeveloped pub, conference space, and 76 dwelling units. The proposal also includes the option to add 54 hotel rooms in the place of 32 dwelling units within the same floor space. A maximum floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.3 and a maximum height of 73 ft. (22.25 m) are proposed.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on October 30, 2012 and By-law No. 11021 was enacted at a Regular Council Meeting on July 22, 2014.
Application (January 31, 2011)
- Project Statistics (417kb)
- Site Plan (955kb)
- Building Floor Plans (5.10mb)
- Building Elevation Drawings (3.84mb)
- Shadow Analysis (868kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: September 18, 2012
- Public Hearing: October 30, 2012
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: February 23, 2011 - Evaluation: Support (10-0)
- Community Open House: April 5, 2011
- MC-1 and MC-2 (Industrial) Districts Schedule (107kb)
- Marpole Plan (1979) (3.66mb)
- Marpole Plan Summary (1980) (2.89mb)
- Marpole Policies and Guidelines (1979) (83kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Grant Miller, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.873.7484
Applicant Contact: Robert Turecki, Robert Turecki Architects, 604.267.2338