Rezoning and Development Permit Application - 1030 Denman Street (Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites) (DE-2016-00193)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to amend the text of CD-1 (537) for 1030 Denman Street (Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites).
- The existing CD-1 (537) bylaw would be amended to enable the proposed conversion of the second and third floors of the existing building to a 68-room boutique hotel.
A rezoning of the site from C-5 (Commercial) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) was approved by Council in 2011 to enable conversion of the existing hotel to residential (rental) and office uses. At the time, the owner planned to convert the conference and commercial space on the second and third floors of the building to office space. The owner now intends to use this space for a 68-room boutique hotel.
This is rezoning application is concurrent with development permit application number DE-2016-00193, to change the existing hotel tower to residential (rental).
As part of these applications, no changes are proposed to the existing height, density or form of development provisions of the CD-1 (537) district. The rezoning application is being considered under the West End Community Plan.
A community open house was held from 5 to 8 pm on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at the West End Community Centre (Bidwell Room), 870 Denman Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
Council approved a rezoning application for this site in 2011. More information on this previous rezoning application can be found here.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on December 13, 2016. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 11853, CD-1 (537), on July 11, 2017.
Application (June 20, 2016)
- Letter of Intent (117kb)
- Existing Site Plan (297kb)
- Level 2-3 Proposed Floor Plans (3.12mb)
- West Elevation (Denman) showing proposed hotel use on Level 3 (645kb)
- Sections (2.52mb)
- 3D Model Views (2.68mb)
- Level 3 Landscape Plan (1.32mb)
Community Open House (Tuesday, July 26, 2016)
- CD-1 (537) By-Law (245kb)
- West End Community Plan (17.25mb)
- Rezoning Policy for the West End (155kb)
- C-5, C-5A, and C-6 Districts Schedule (West End Commercial Districts) (68.3kb)
City Contact: Jonathan Denis-Jacob, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-326-4824
Applicant Contact: Jeff Ashwell, DA Architects and Planners, 604-685-6312