Rezoning Application (2008) - 1030 Denman Street (Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites)
Brook + Associates Inc. has applied to the City of Vancouver to rezone 1030 Denman Street from C-5 (Commercial) District to a CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District to permit conversion of the existing hotel rooms and hotel facilities to residential (rental), office and retail uses. The existing Denman Mall would remain unchanged. A total of 314 rental units would be created. The conversion would not occur until the current hotel operator ceases to operate at this location.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on April 21, 2011 and By-law No. 10566 was enacted at a Regular Council Meeting on October 16, 2012.
Application (November 19, 2008)
- Context Plan (703kb)
- Site Plan (574kb)
- Buiding Perspective Drawings (270kb)
- Building Section Drawings (385kb)
- Floor Plans (1.76mb)
- Transportation Assessment (1.48mb)
- Landscape Inventory, Analysis and Recommendations (1.47mb)
- Council Report (dated February 4, 2011) (129kb)
- C-5 and C-6 Districts Schedule (West End Commercial Districts) (68.3kb)
- RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B and RM-5C (Multiple Dwelling) District Schedule (174kb)
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B and RM-5C Guidelines (760kb)
- West End Commerical Area Plan (online only) (5.99mb)
- West End Residential Areas Policy Plan (online only) (4.00mb) The West End Residential Areas Policy Plan (not adopted by Council) provided the basis for the RM District Schedules and the West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-B and RM-5C Guidelines.
- West End Discussions on Community Needs and Affordable Housing
Additional plans are available for viewing at the Planning Department, Third Floor, East Wing of City Hall, at 2675 Yukon Street.
City Contact: Alison Higginson, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.873.7727
Applicant Contact: Laurie Schmidt, Brook & Associates Inc., 604.731.9053