Rezoning Application - 101 East 2nd Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 101 East 2nd Avenue from M-2 (Industrial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, for the purpose of developing a three-storey retail and office building for Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC). The proposal includes:
- Two storeys of retail space;
- office space on the 3rd level;
- a green roof;
- a building height of 24 m (78.7 ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.04; and
- three levels of underground parking with 174 vehicle spaces, 3 loading bays and 80 bicycle stalls.
A community open house was held from 5:00-8:00pm on Wednesday, December 9, 2015 with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on May 24, 2016. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 11864, CD-1 (668), on July 25, 2017.
Application (October 7, 2015)
- Project Statistics (671kb)
- Context Plan (379kb)
- Context Photos (1.5mb)
- Streetscape (1.7mb)
- Building Perspectives (1.0mb)
- Site Plan (953kb)
- Parking Plan (968kb)
- Floor & Roof Plan (2.2mb)
- Building Elevations (895kb)
- Building Sections (1.8mb)
- Landscape Plans (2.3mb)
- Shadow Study (731kb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Regular Council Meeting: April 19, 2016
- Public Hearing: May 24, 2016
- Urban Design Panel: January 13, 2016 - Evaluation: Support (9-0)
- Community Open House: December 9, 2015
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Rachel Harrison, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.873.7486
Applicant Contact: Ron Clay, Proscenium Architecture + Interiors Inc., 604.879.0118