Rezoning Application - 1002 Station Street and 250-310 Prior Street (New St. Paul's Hospital and Health Campus)
The City of Vancouver has received a rezoning application from IBI Group on behalf of Providence Health Care Society to rezone the site at 1002 Station Street and 250-310 Prior Street from I-3 (Industrial) and I-2 (Industrial) Districts to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District to allow for development of this 18.4 acre
industrial site into a mixed-use development based on the Council approved New St. Paul’s Hospital and Health Campus Policy Statement.
The proposal includes:
- A new hospital and integrated health care campus;
- Institutional, office, research, hotel, retail-service, and Indigenous cultural uses, along with limited rental housing for health care workers;
- A range of building heights from approximately 24 m (79 ft.) to 61 m (200 ft.);
- A new road network through the site that would connect to existing adjacent streets; and
- A new public plaza and two child care facilities.
The application is being considered under the St. Paul’s Hospital and Health Campus Policy Statement as well as the Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments.
A community open house was held on November 20, 2018 from 4-7pm at Creekside Community Centre, 1 Athletes Way, with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
At the October 2, 2019 Regular Council meeting, Council referred this application to the October 22, 2019 Public Hearing. At the Public Hearing, Council referred discussion and decision on the application to the Regular Council meeting on November 5, 2019, as Unfinished Business. This application was approved by Council at Regular Council on November 5, 2019. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 12883, CD-1 (761), on January 20, 2021.
Application (August 9, 2018)
- Application Intent
- Building Design
- Site and Policy Context
- Parking Plans
- Form and Massing
- Elevations and Sections
- Parcel Studies
- View Studies
- Shadow Studies
- Open Space and Daycares
- Circulation and Transportation
- Street Cross Sections
- Public Benefits
- Implementation and Phasing
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - November 20, 2018
- Urban Design Panel Non-voting Workshop: January 23, 2019
- Urban Design Panel: May 1, 2019
- Urban Design Panel: July 24, 2019
- Regular Council Meeting: October 1, 2019
- Public Hearing: October 22, 2019
- New St. Paul's Hospital and Health Campus Planning Program
- New St. Paul's Hospital and Health Campus Policy Statement
- False Creek Flats Plan
- Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Lex Dominiak, 604-829-4396, email@example.com
Applicant Contact: Shaf Hussain, Communications & Public Affairs, Providence Health Care, SHussain@providencehealth.bc.ca, 604-806-8566