Rezoning Application – Proposed Amendments to Enable Hotel Use in Hornby Slopes
The City of Vancouver is proposing to amend the Downtown Official Development Plan (DODP) to consider hotel as a conditionally permitted land use in Hornby Slopes (area ‘N’), excluding sites zoned Comprehensive Development District (CD-1).
A number of previously permitted hotels currently operate in the area as grandfathered uses.
The proposed bylaw changes, if approved, would adjust By-Law No. 4912, the Downtown Official Development Plan for Hornby Slopes (area ‘N’) to:
- Add hotel as a permitted use in the area;
- Add additional ground-floor retail, retail-commercial, and service uses permitted when ancillary to a hotel;
- Add a provision to exclude hotels from the density cap on service uses, up to the 5.0 FSR conditionally permitted in the area; and
- Add a provision for existing hotels developed above the current 5.0 FSR density cap to be a permitted use (instead of a grandfathered use) in order to simplify structural alterations.
The proposed bylaw changes:
- are not associated with a development proposal;
- do not propose a general expansion of density or height; and
- facilitate permitting for structural renovations to existing hotels.
A community open house will be held on Monday, April 30, 2018 from 4 - 7 pm at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 1110 Howe Street, Georgia Room.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
City Contact: Jared Dalziel, Planning Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-829-9268