Revised Rezoning Application - 950 West 41st Avenue (Jewish Community Centre)
The City of Vancouver has received a revised rezoning application from Acton Ostry Architects to amend CD-1 (285) to allow for redevelopment of the Jewish Community Centre (JCC) site at 950 West 41st Avenue.
The revised application includes additional residential housing and the removal of the 13-storey replacement Louis Brier Home and Hospital. This has resulted in the following changes:
- Increase in maximum building height from 80 m (263 ft.) to 84.8 m (279 ft.);
- Increase from 160 to 299 residential units;
- Increase from 693 to 783 vehicle parking spaces; and
- Increase in floor space ratio (FSR) from 4.47 to 4.59.
The revised proposal is for a phased redevelopment with:
- A 9-storey replacement Jewish Community Centre, including:
- recreation space, including pools and gyms;
- ground-level commercial space;
- cultural arts, auditorium, and theatre space;
- non-profit office space;
- an Early Childhood Education Centre, including 104 private daycare spaces; and
- a maximum height of 37 m (121 ft.).
- A residential component including:
- a 26-storey and 24-storey building above a podium;
- 299 residential units provided through a community land trust; and
- maximum heights of 84.8 m (279 ft.) and 75.7 m (249 ft.).
Underground parking, with 783 vehicle parking spaces and 430 bicycle parking spaces, is proposed. The revised application proposes a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 4.59.
The application is being considered under the Oakridge Transit Centre Policy Statement.
A community open house will be held from 5-8pm on April 30, 2018 at the Jewish Community Centre, 950 West 41st Avenue, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
Revised Application (March 16, 2018)
- Context Plan Diagram (752kb)
- Development Data (47kb)
- Site Context and Existing Streetscapes (506kb)
- Master Plan Phasing (1.05mb)
- Survey (783kb)
- Floor Plans (5.37mb)
- Roof Plan (477kb)
- Setback Plan Diagram (68kb)
- Shadow Analysis (857kb)
- Sections (1.18mb)
- Elevations (1.13mb)
- Landscape Plan (3.58mb)
- Sustainability (293kb)
Application (December 12, 2017)
- Context Plan Diagram (753kb)
- Development Data (70kb)
- Site Context and Existing Streetscapes (2.08mb)
- Master Plan Phasing (2.40mb)
- Survey (806kb)
- Floor Plans (3.56mb)
- Roof Plan (541kb)
- Setback Plan Diagram (112kb)
- Shadow Analysis (789kb)
- Sections (804kb)
- Elevations (816kb)
- Landscape Plan (4.94mb)
- Sustainability (1.67mb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: April 30, 2018
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Zak Bennett, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-871-6121
Applicant Contact: Alex Percy, Acton Ostry Architects, email@example.com, 604-739-3344