Rezoning Application - 950 West 41st Avenue (Jewish Community Centre)
The City of Vancouver has received a rezoning application for 950 West 41st Avenue (Jewish Community Centre) to amend the existing CD-1 (285) (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposed phased development consists of:
- A 9-storey replacement Jewish Community Centre, including:
- recreation space, including pools and gyms;
- ground level commercial space;
- an Early Childhood Education Centre, including 104 private daycare spaces;
- cultural arts, auditorium, and theatre space;
- non-profit office space; and
- a maximum height of 37 m (121 ft.).
- A 13-storey replacement Louis Brier Home and Hospital Seniors Care Facility, with:
- 266 senior assisted living, complex care and memory care beds; and
- a maximum height of 48 m (158 ft.).
- A 24-storey residential building with:
- 160 secured market rental units; and
- a maximum height of 80 m (263 ft.).
Underground parking, with 693 vehicle parking spaces and 250 bicycle parking spaces, is proposed. The application proposes a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 4.47.
The application is being considered under the Oakridge Transit Centre Policy Statement.
A community open house will beheld from 5:00 to 8:00 pm on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, at Jewish Community Centre, 950 West 41st Avenue, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
Application (December 12, 2017)
- Context Plan Diagram (753kb)
- Development Data (753kb)
- Site Context and Existing Streetscapes (2.8mb)
- Master Plan Phasing (2.4mb)
- Survey (806kb)
- Floor Plans (3.5mb)
- Roof Plan (541kb)
- Setback Plan Diagram (112kb)
- Shadow Analysis (789kb)
- Sections (804kb)
- Elevations (816kb)
- Landscape Plan (4.9mb)
- Sustainability (1.6mb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Zak Bennett, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-871-6121
Applicant Contact: Alex Percy, Acton Ostry Architects, email@example.com, 604-739-3344