Rezoning Application - 8599 Oak Street
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application to rezone 8599 Oak Street from RM-3A (Multiple Dwelling) District to a CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 6-storey residential building including:
- 36 secured market rental units;
- a floor area of 2,894 sq. m.;
- a building height of 21.0 m (69 ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.50; and
- two levels of underground parking with 29 vehicle spaces and 54 bicycle spaces.
The application is being considered under the Marpole Community Plan.
A community open house was held from 5:00 to 7:00 pm on Thursday, June 29, 2017 at the Marpole Oakridge Community Centre (Social Room - Upper Level), 990 W 59th Avenue, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
At the April 17, 2018 Regular Council Meeting, Council referred this application to Public Hearing.
Revised Application (December 12, 2017)
In December 2017, the applicant submitted a revised design package in response to Staff comments and Urban Design Panel recommendations. The FSR and unit number remains the same. Key changes include additional setbacks, relocation of the building entrance to the southeast corner of the site, and amendments to the floorplan layouts.
- Site Context (1.1mb)
- Site Plan (1.1mb)
- Project Statistics (519kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (1.4mb)
- Parking Plans (406kb)
- Sections (602kb)
- Elevations (1.5mb)
- Shadow Study (1.2mb)
- Streetscape (664kb)
- Perspective (888kb)
- Landscape Drawings (1.5mb)
Application (April 18, 2017)
- Site Context (379kb)
- Site Plan (224kb)
- Project Statistics (162kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (918kb)
- Parking Plans (206kb)
- Sections (325kb)
- Elevations (780kb)
- Shadow Studies (277kb)
- Streetscape (774b)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: August 9, 2017 - Evaluation: Resubmission Recommended
- Community Open House: Thursday, June 29, 2017
City of Vancouver Display Boards (1.9mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Beverley White, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-871-6115
Applicant Contact: Kevan Tacq, NORR Architects Planners Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-673-6099