Rezoning Application - 728-796 Main Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 728 - 796 Main Street from HA-1A (Chinatown Historic Area) District to a CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District to allow for a 15-storey mixed-use development that includes:
- commercial space on the ground level and mezzanine;
- 19 social housing units, located on mezzanine and second levels, to replace existing Single Room Accommodation (SRA) units on site (social housing to be owned by the City);
- 99 market residential units from levels 3 to 15; and
- four levels of underground parking.
A building height of 45.7 m (150 ft.) and a floor space ratio (FSR) of 8.12 are proposed.
The application is made under the Rezoning Policy for Chinatown South (HA-1A).
A community open house will be held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 5-8pm, at the Chinese Cultural Centre, Auditorium (50 East Pender Street), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (May 1, 2017)
- Project Statistics (214kb)
- Context Plan (414kb)
- Shadow Study (287kb)
- Design Strategy (1.46mb)
- Floor Plans (1.98mb)
- Roof and Parking Plans (337kb)
- Sections (89kb)
- Elevations (276kb)
- Streetscape (929kb)
- Massing (225kb)
- Landscape Plan (2.12mb)
- Rezoning Policy for Chinatown South (HA-1A)
- Single Room Accommodation By-law
- HA-1A District Schedule and Chinatown HA-1A Guidelines
- Downtown Eastside Local Area Plan
- Chinatown Neighbourhood Plan
- Community Amenity Contribution - Through Rezonings
- Green Building Policy for Rezonings
- Vancouver Neighbourhood Energy Strategy
To view additional studies and plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Yan Zeng, Rezoning Planner,firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.871.6383
Applicant Contact: Tomas Wolf, Studio One Architecture Inc., Tomas@studioonearchitecture.ca, 604-731-3966 ex 102