Rezoning Application - 58 West Hastings Street
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application to rezone 58 West Hastings Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. This revised application was submitted on October 5, 2017. The revised proposal is for a ten-storey mixed-use building that includes:
- seven floors of housing, with 231 social housing units;
- retail and Health Care Office uses on floors 1-3;
- one level of underground parking;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.4; and
- a building height of 32.0 m (105.0 ft.).
Key changes from the last submission (received March 27, 2017) include:
- increase in the social housing unit count from 222 to 231;
- reduction of FSR from 6.6 to 6.4; and
- reduction in overall bulk and massing, in response to Urban Design Panel comments.
This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Downtown Eastside and the Downtown Eastside Community Plan.
A community open house was held from 4 to 7 pm on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at the Woodward’s Atrium (333 Abbott Street) with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions. A second daytime community open house was held from 12 to 2 pm on Monday, October 30, 2017 in the same venue.
At the December 12, 2017 Regular Council meeting, Council referred this application to the January 16, 2018 Public Hearing. Council considered this application at the reconvened Public Hearing on Thursday, January 18, 2018, and referred discussion and decision to the Regular Council Meeting on January 30, 2018, as Unfinished Business. This application has been approved by Council at Regular Council on January 30, 2018.
Application (October 5, 2017)
- Project Statistics (265kb)
- Rezoning and Design Rationale (57kb)
- Context Plan, Site Plan and LEED Statement (532kb)
- Shadow Diagram (201kb)
- Renderings and Streetscapes (9.84mb)
- Floor Plans (2.27mb)
- Elevations and Sections (1.54mb)
- Landscape Plans (3.89mb)
- Transportation Study (395kb)
- Neighbourhood Fit Assessment (212kb)
Application (March 27, 2017)
- Project Statistics (355kb)
- Design Rationale (21kb)
- Context Plan (100kb)
- Streetscapes (19.25mb)
- Floor Plans (4.73mb)
- Landscape Plans (7.94mb)
- Elevations (1.46mb)
- Sections (207kb)
- Perspectives (1.76mb)
- Shadow Study (1.75mb)
- Transportation Study (211kb)
- Neighbourhood Fit Assessment (95kb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House (232kb)
- Notice of Community Open House Postponement (38kb)
- Notice of Revised Rezoning Application and Community Open House (314kb)
- Notice of Public Hearing (196kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: December 12, 2017
- Public Hearing: January 16, 2018
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - October 25, 2017
- Downtown Eastside Plan (7mb)
- Rezoning Policy for Downtown Eastside (490kb)
- Victory Square Policy Plan (982kb)
- Victory Square Guidelines (1.18mb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Downtown Official Development Plan (8.70mb)
- Housing and Homelessness Strategy (3.09mb)
- Neighbourhood Fit Considerations – Helping Development And Businesses To Meet Social Impact Objectives In The Downtown Eastside (DTES) (473kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Stephanie Johnson, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-326-4824
Applicant contact: Wing Leung, W.T. Leung Architects, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive updates about the Downtown Eastside Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/dtes and provide your contact information in the box titled, “Get updates”.