Rezoning Application - 58 West Hastings Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 58 West Hastings Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a ten-story mixed-use building with:
- Seven floors of housing, with 222 social housing units;
- Retail and Health Care Office uses on floors 1-3;
- One level of underground parking;
- A floor space ratio (FSR ) of 6.6; and
- A building height of 32 m (105 ft.).
This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Downtown Eastside and the Downtown Eastside Community Plan.
The rezoning open house for 58 West Hastings Street, scheduled for Tuesday April 18, has been postponed to a later date. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please stay tuned for notification of future public consultation. The open house material is available for viewing below, and comments are still accepted through our online feedback form.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form. While comments will be accepted up to the Public Hearing date, you are encouraged to provide your comments by Friday, May 12, 2017 to allow staff to consider if any changes need to be made to the proposal and to represent your comments in the report to Council.
Application (March 27, 2017)
- Project Statistics (355kb)
- Design Rationale (21kb)
- Context Plan (100kb)
- Streetscapes (19.25mb)
- Floor Plans (4.73mb)
- Landscape Plans (7.94mb)
- Elevations (1.46mb)
- Sections (207kb)
- Perspectives (1.76mb)
- Shadow Study (1.75mb)
- Transportation Study (211kb)
- Neighbourhood Fit Assessment (95kb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House (232kb)
- Notice of Community Open House Postponement (38kb)
- Downtown Eastside Plan (7mb)
- Rezoning Policy for Downtown Eastside (490kb)
- Victory Square Policy Plan (982kb)
- Victory Square Guidelines (1.18mb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Downtown Official Development Plan (8.70mb)
- Housing and Homelessness Strategy (3.09mb)
- Neighbourhood Fit Considerations – Helping Development And Businesses To Meet Social Impact Objectives In The Downtown Eastside (DTES) (473kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Stephanie Johnson, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-326-4824
Applicant contact: Henry Fung and Carol Lee, Vancouver Chinatown Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org