Rezoning Application - 530 and 575 Drake Street (Covenant House)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone two sites (530 & 575 Drake Street) from the DD (Downtown District) Area to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a two-building social service (institutional) facility to be used by Covenant House Vancouver.
530 Drake Street (south side):
- 5-storey building;
- a maximum building height of 20.7 m (68 ft);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.06; and
- no on-site parking.
575 Drake Street (north side):
- 10-storey building;
- a maximum building height of 36.0 m (118 ft);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 5.15; and
- four underground vehicle parking spaces.
This rezoning application is being considered under the Downtown Official Development Plan (D ODP) - Area L1, the Downtown South Goals and Policies, the Downtown South Guidelines and the Housing and Homelessness Strategy.
This application was approved by Council at Public Hearing on January 24, 2017.
Rezoning Application (June 15, 2016)
- Perspectives (3.70mb)
- Elevation (1.76mb)
- Shadow Study (1.64mb)
- Site Plan (850kb)
- 530 Drake Floor Plans (695kb)
- 575 Drake Floor Plans (949kb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - Tuesday, September 6, 2016
- Urban Design Panel - Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- (DD) Downtown District Bylaw (18kb)
- Downtown Official Development Plan (3.64mb)
- Downtown South Goals and Policies (118kb)
- Downtown South Guidelines (2.71mb)
- Housing and Homelessness Strategy (3.09mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Jonathan Denis-Jacob, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Applicant Contact: Wanda Felt, NSDA Architects, email@example.com, 604-669-1926