REVISED Rezoning Application - 521-527 West 8th Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application from Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership to rezone 521-527 West 8th Avenue from C-3A (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, to permit the development of an 8-storey office building with retail at grade over 3.5 levels of underground parking.
The proposal includes:
- A floor area of 5,990 m2 (64,480 sq. ft.);
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.51;
- A building height of 33.3 m (109.3 ft.);
- 88 parking spaces; and
- 29 Class A and 6 Class B bicycle parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Metropolitan Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on November 14, 2017.
Revised Application (March 14, 2017)
The applicant has reduced the height of the proposal to respond to the Fairview Slopes design guidelines with respect to views to City Hall.
- Project Statistics (112kb)
- Proposal (312kb)
- Site Context (10.2mb)
- Shadow Studies (1.68mb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (9.42mb)
- Parking Plan (4.29mb)
- Landscape Plan (12.6mb)
- Building Elevations (12.8mb)
- Building Sections (1.79mb)
- Project Views and View Cones (18.2mb)
Application (December 9, 2016)
The proposal was for a 9-storey office building with retail at grade, a floor area of 6,351.8 m2 (68,370 sq. ft.), a building height of 33.8 m (111 ft.), and a floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.91, over 3.5 levels of underground parking (88 vehicle spaces, 29 Class A bicycle spaces and 6 Class B bicycle spaces).
- Project Statistics (430kb)
- Proposal (943kb)
- Site Context (24.9mb)
- Shadow Studies (2.7mb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (5.7mb)
- Parking Plan (2.4mb)
- Landscape Plan (25mb)
- Building Elevations (35mb)
- Building Sections (3mb)
- Project Views and View Cones (24.4mb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House (310kb)
- Notice of Revised Rezoning Application (245kb)
- Notice of Public Hearing (260kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: October 17, 2017
- Public Hearing: November 14, 2017
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: February 21, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: March 22, 2017 - Evaluation: Support with recommendations
- C-3A District Schedule
- Central Broadway C-3A Urban Design Guidelines
- Metropolitan Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michelle Yip, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, (604) 873-7727
Applicant Contact: Mark Thompson, Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership, firstname.lastname@example.org, (604) 687-2990