REVISED Rezoning Application - 521-525 West 8th Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application from Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership to rezone 521-525 West 8th Avenue from C-3A (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, to permit the development of an 8-storey office building with retail at grade over 3.5 levels of underground parking.
The proposal includes:
- A floor area of 5,990 m2 (64,480 sq. ft.);
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.51;
- A building height of 29.6 m (97 ft.);
- 88 parking spaces; and
- 29 Class A and 6 Class B bicycle parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Metropolitan Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Revised Application (March 14, 2017)
The applicant has reduced the height of the proposal to respond to the Fairview Slopes design guidelines with respect to views to City Hall.
- Project Statistics (112kb)
- Proposal (312kb)
- Site Context (10.2mb)
- Shadow Studies (1.68mb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (9.42mb)
- Parking Plan (4.29mb)
- Landscape Plan (12.6mb)
- Building Elevations (12.8mb)
- Building Sections (1.79mb)
- Project Views and View Cones (18.2mb)
Application (December 9, 2016)
The proposal was for a 9-storey office building with retail at grade, a floor area of 6,351.8 m2 (68,370 sq. ft.), a building height of 33.8 m (111 ft.), and a floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.91, over 3.5 levels of underground parking (88 vehicle spaces, 29 Class A bicycle spaces and 6 Class B bicycle spaces).
- Project Statistics (430kb)
- Proposal (943kb)
- Site Context (24.9mb)
- Shadow Studies (2.7mb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (5.7mb)
- Parking Plan (2.4mb)
- Landscape Plan (25mb)
- Building Elevations (35mb)
- Building Sections (3mb)
- Project Views and View Cones (24.4mb)
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: February 21, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: March 22, 2017 - Evaluation: Supported with recommendations
- C-3A District Schedule
- Central Broadway C-3A Urban Design Guidelines
- Metropolitan Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michelle Yip, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, (604) 873-7727
Applicant Contact: Mark Thompson, Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership, email@example.com, (604) 687-2990