Application to Amend Sign By-law - 520 West Georgia Street
Henriquez Partners Architects, on behalf of Westbank Corp. and TELUS, have applied to the City of Vancouver to amend the Sign By-law to permit an 7.5 m x 11 m media sign on the west facade of the building at 520 West Georgia Street, facing Seymour Street:
- The proposed sign is to be located between the 16th and 18th floors and is retractable; it will be lowered dusk to 11 pm daily;
- The sign will use rear projection technology which is only viewable in low light conditions;
- Sign content will showcase video art and community programming and announcements, with limited brand recognition for businesses at TELUS Garden.
A community open house was held from 5:00-8:00pm on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at the Westin Grand Hotel (Allegro Boardroom), 433 Robson Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on June 25, 2015.
- Project Outline and Intent (393kb)
- Project Introduction (1.92mb)
- Context Plan (1.73mb)
- Media Facade Technology (2.02mb)
- Regular Council Meeting: May 26, 2015
- Public Hearing: June 25, 2015
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: Wednesday, February 11, 2015
- CD-1 (525) By-law (304kb)
For more information, please contact the planner.
City Contact: Heather Burpee, Planner, email@example.com, 604.871.6068
Applicant Contact: Peter Wood, Henriquez Partners Architects, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.687.5681