Rezoning Application - 478 - 496 West 48th Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 478-496 West 48th Avenue from RS-1 (Single Family Dwelling) District to a CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 10-storey building that includes:
- 59 secured market rental units;
- 1,069 square feet of retail at grade*;
- a building height of 33.0 m (108 ft.) from grade;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.87*; and
- 44 underground vehicle parking spaces and 74 bicycle parking spaces.
The application is being considered under the Cambie Corridor Plan.
*Please note a recommendation to increase the commercial floor area from 1,069 sq. ft. to approximately 1,900 sq. ft. has been included in the Council Report. Also note, the rezoning application indicated a density of 3.87 FSR, however after technical review, the proposed density is actually 3.91 FSR.
A community open house was held from 5-7pm on March 7, 2017 at the Peretz Centre (Auditorium), 6184 Ash Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on December 12, 2017.
Application (December 19, 2016)
- Project Context and Statistics (782kb)
- Site Plan (147kb)
- Site Context Plan (2.0kb)
- Streetscape (519kb)
- Parking Plans (147kb)
- Floor Plans (650kb)
- Roof Plan (93kb)
- Elevations (883kb)
- Sections (183kb)
- Shadow Studies (311kb)
- Perspectives (1.5mb)
- Landscape Plan (1.2mb)
- Rendering (74kb)
- Regular Council meeting: November 14, 2017
- Public Hearing: December 12, 2017
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: March 22, 2017 - Evaluation: Supported with Recommendations
- Community Open House: March 7, 2017
- RS-1 District Schedule (147kb)
- Cambie Corridor Plan (19mb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezoning (198kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Beverley White, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-871-6115
Applicant Contact: Brent Hanson, 48 Avenue GP Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-714-0573