Rezoning Application - 4176 Alexandra Street (York House School)
The City of Vancouver has received a rezoning application for 4176 Alexandra Street (York House School) to amend the existing CD-1 (288) (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a long-term master plan for the existing school, including:
- a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 0.55 (below ground) and 1.23 (above ground) for a total proposed FSR of 1.78;
- enrolment is proposed to increase from 600 to 690 students over a 10 to 15 year timeframe;
- a proposed increase from 69 vehicles parking spaces to a total of 108; and
- a proposed increase from 31 bicycle parking spaces to 73 bicycle parking spaces.
The proposed phased development includes the following:
a new 3-storey multi-purpose building
- a new 3-storey southern addition to the senior school building
- a new 3-storey northern addition to the senior school building
- a 1-storey addition and renewal of the junior school building
A community open house was held from 5:00 to 8:00 pm on Monday, April 3, 2017, at York House School, 4176 Alexandra Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (December 15, 2016)
- Site Context (1.9mb)
- Renderings (2.3mb)
- Floor Plans (1.1mb)
- Roof Plan (1.4mb)
- Building Sections (566kb)
- Junior School Section (150kb)
- Elevations (556kb)
- Existing Elevations (621kb)
- Shadow Studies (342kb)
- Landscape Plan (2.2mb)
- Project Phasing (369kb)
- Draft Transportation Study (5.5mb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: April 3, 2017 - City of Vancouver Display Boards (1.6mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Zak Bennett, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.871.6121
Applicant Contact: Antonio Colin, Acton Ostry Architects, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.739.3344