Rezoning Application - 4175 West 29th Avenue (St. George's Senior School Master Plan)
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application to rezone 4175 West 29th Avenue (St. George's Senior School) from RS-5 (One-Family Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is to allow for a long term masterplan for this existing Secondary School with a total floor space ratio of 0.7 (FSR).
The revised proposal was developed by the applicant team to allow for the anticipated new campus buildings while accomodating continuous operation of the senior school through construction phases. The revised proposal responds to feedback from the public, UDP and previous staff review.
The proposal is for a campus master plan to establish form, use, and density of the property. A set of design guidelines will be developed through the process to guide development over the next decades, without defining each individual building. Each building will require a separate development permit.
Key changes from the original application include:
- New overall site plan;
- Taller buildings, including boarding facilities, to be located closer to the centre of the site rather than spread out along the perimeter;
- Increased setbacks from property lines;
- New traffic circulation patterns to minimize congestion; and
- A phasing plan is no longer included in the application.
A community open house was held from 5:00 - 8:00 PM on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 at 4175 West 29th Avenue with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Revised Application (January 12, 2017)
- Location, height, and massing for athletics and performing arts facilities (maximum height 12.2 m (40 ft.));
- Location, height, and massing for academic buildings (maximum height 16 m (52 ft.));
- Location, height, and massing for student and staff accomodations buildings (maximum height 18 m (60 ft.));
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 0.7 (not including parking and other non-habitable spaces below grade); and
- 111 underground parking spaces.
- Executive Summary (52kb)
- Site Profile (721kb)
- Regulatory Context (243kb)
- Access and Circulation (340kb)
- Architectural Rationale (1.4mb)
- Open Space and Streetscapes (2.8mb)
- Sustainability (1.1mb)
- Public Consultation (48kb)
- FSR Overlays (79kb)
- Public View Impact Analysis (1.5mb)
- Shadow Studies (833kb)
Previous Rezoning Application (August 6, 2014)
- 3-storey boarding house including 120 dormitory units with associated staff residences (maximum height 49 ft.);
- Two 3-storey academic buildings (maximum height 57 ft.);
- Addition to the Main building (maximum height 42 ft.);
- 3-storey boarding house including 120 dormitory units with associated staff residences (maximum height 49 ft.).
- 54 surface parking spaces;
- 111 underground parking spaces.
- Development Statistics (110kb)
- Site Profile (1.8mb)
- Site and Context Plan (1.51mb)
- Access and Circulation (907kb)
- Architectural Rationale (659kb)
- Project Phasing (3.4mb)
- Pre-application Consultation Summary (740kb)
- Sustainability (671kb)
- Proposed Public Benefits (813kb)
- Architectural Site Plan (294kb)
- Floor Plans (5.41mb)
- Elevations (241kb)
- Sections (353kb)
- Shadow Studies (6.34mb)
- Landscape Rationale (841kb)
- Landscape Plan (2.98mb)
- Arborist Report (605kb)
- Draft Transportation Study (1.41mb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: March 28, 2017 - Open House Display Boards (3.9mb)
- Community Open House: September 22, 2014 - Open House Display Boards (319kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: John Chapman, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.873.7458
Applicant Contact: Alex Minard, Perkins+Will., email@example.com, 604.484.1597
School Contact: Kerri McCullagh, St. George's School, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.224.1304