REVISED Rezoning and Development Permit Application - 3068 Kingsway (DE413545)
Matthew Cheng Architects Inc. has submitted a revised application to the City of Vancouver to rezone 3068 Kingsway from C-2 (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal includes a 6-storey mixed-use building consisting of commercial/retail space on the ground floor and 30 residential rental units on the upper floors. A maximum floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.65 and a maximum height of 61.5 ft. (18.73 m) are proposed. A total of 22 parking stalls and one loading space would be provided.
The proposed increase in density is to secure the provision of the rental housing. The rezoning application is being considered under the Short Term Incentives for Rental (STIR) Program approved by City Council on June 18, 2009. This program responds to low vacancy rates and the lack of new purpose-built rental housing by providing a strategic set of City incentives to encourage and facilitate the development of new market rental housing.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on September 24, 2013.
Revised Application (July 13, 2012)
- Project Statistics (73kb)
- Context Plan and Kingsway Context Elevation (193mb)
- Shadow Analysis (293kb)
- Parking Plan (125kb)
- Floor Plans (651kb)
- Building Elevation Drawings (336kb)
- Building Section Drawings (133kb)
- Landscape Plan (969kb)
Application (December 17, 2009)
- Project Statistics (132kb)
- Context Plan and Street Elevations (295mb)
- Building Elevation Drawings (681kb)
- Building Rendering (2.0mb)
- Notice of Public Hearing (58kb)
- Notice of Rezoning and Development Permit Application (140kb)
- Notice of Rezoning/Development Permit Application and Community Open House (99kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: July 24, 2013
- Public Hearing: September 24, 2013
Advisory and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: January 24, 2013
- C-2 District Schedule (170kb)
- Renfrew-Collingwood Community Visions Program
- Short Term Incentives for Rental (STIR)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
Contact: Planning Info Line, email@example.com, 604.873.7611
Applicant Contact: Kenneth Kim, Matthew Cheng Architect Inc., 604.731.3012