Rezoning Application - 2894 East Broadway
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 2894 E Broadway from C-1 (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District to increase the floor space ratio (FSR) from 1.20 to 2.65 and the building height from 10.7 m (35.1 ft.) to 14.2 m (46.4 ft.) to permit the development of four-storey mixed-use building.
The proposal includes:
- Commercial use at ground level;
- Total of 37 secured market rental units on the 3 upper storeys;
- A height of 14.2 m (46.4 ft.); and
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.65.
This application is being considered under the Secured Market Rental Housing (Rental 100) Program.
A community open house was held from 5 to 8 pm on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at the Vancouver Technical Secondary School (Cafeteria), with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on October 18, 2016. The conditions having been met, Council enacted By-law No. 11893, CD-1 (671), on September 19, 2017.
Application (December 16, 2015)
- Project Statistics (196kb)
- Site Plan (214kb)
- Shadow Studies (270kb)
- 3D Perspectives (270kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (1.4mb)
- Building Elevations (440kb)
- Building Sections (289kb)
- Regular Council meeting: September 20, 2016
- Public Hearing: October 18, 2016
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: May 4, 2016 - Evaluation: Support (4-0) (97kb)
- Community Open House: April 21, 2016
- City of Vancouver Display Boards (492kb)
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Rachel Harrison, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604.873.7486
Applicant Contact: Chris Knight, Gair Williamson Architect Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.648.2626