Rezoning Application - 2133 Nanton Avenue (Arbutus Centre)
The City Vancouver has received a rezoning application for 2133 Nanton Avenue (the Arbutus Centre) to amend the existing CD-1 (642) (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal would increase the residential floor area, including an increase in the number of market and social housing units. The specific amendments include:
- An increase in the maximum allowable floor space for all uses from 67,065 sq. m (721,881 sq. ft) to 77,611 sq. m (835,400 sq. ft.). The additional floor space is to be accommodated on Blocks C and D (the western portion of the site).
- An increase to the maximum building height on Block C from 57 m (187 ft.) to 60 m (197 ft.) and the maximum building height on Block D from 57 m (187 ft.) to 72 m (236 ft.).
The rezoning application proposes no change to the amount of office and commercial space, and includes an expanded Neighbourhood House.
A community open house was held from 5:00 - 8:00 PM on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at the Hellenic Centre, 4500 Arbutus Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (December 22, 2017)
- Intent (1.3mb)
- Proposed By-law Amendments (485kb)
- Project History (1.1mb)
- Rezoning Rationale (1.6mb)
- Housing Rationale (697kb)
- Public Consultation (364kb)
- Design Rationale (570kb)
- View Analysis (3.7mb)
- Shadow Studies (606kb)
- Comparative Analysis (64kb)
- Site Plan (1mb)
- Site Plan - Setbacks (621kb)
- Site Coverage (76kb)
- Sections (1.3mb)
- Elevations (870kb)
- Perspectives (1.3mb)
- Context Plan (1.2mb)
- Design Drawings (813kb)
- Project Statistics (66kb)
- Sustainability (348kb)
- Arborist Report (2.9mb)
- Transportation Report (210kb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: John Chapman, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.873.7458
Applicant Contact: Wendy LeBreton, Larco Investments, email@example.com, 604-925-8275