Rezoning and Development Permit Application - 1872 Parker Street (DE419459)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1872 Parker Street from RT-5 (Residential) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. This is a concurrent rezoning and development permit application. The proposal includes:
- Conversion of the 4-storey heritage house into a 6-unit strata building;
- Construction of a 3-storey infill building containing 4 townhouse units;
- A floor space ratio (FSR) of 1.35 for the site; and
- 5 parking spaces.
The 1908 heritage house will be designated as a protected heritage resource.
It will be relocated onto a new basement foundation one foot to the west, thereby accommodating a proposed seven-foot dedication along the east property line. This dedication would widen the Victoria Drive right-of-way, allowing for future transportation improvements.
The site is within the area of the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan. The application is being considered under the “Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalisation Agreements During Community Plan Processes.” This policy allows consideration of rezoning applications involving heritage retention and heritage revitalization agreements during the community planning process.
Application (December 11, 2015)
- Project Statistics (211kb)
- Context Plan (468kb)
- Existing and Proposed Streetscape (412kb)
- Site Plan (376kb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (904kb)
- Building Elevations (Existing and In-fill) (927kb)
- Building Sections (272kb)
- Shadow Analysis (244kb)
- 3D Views (232kb)
- Landscape Plan (224kb)
- Brookhouse Residence Conservation Plan (4.6mb)
- Regular Council Meeting: May 31, 2016
- Public Hearing: June 21, 2016
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: January 12, 2016
- RT-5 District Schedule (46kb)
- Heritage Action Plan
- Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalisation Agreements During Community Plan Processes (32kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michael Naylor, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-871-6269
Applicant Contact: James Evans, Brookhouse Residences Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.566.5870